Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My microsoft game -sudoku - will abruptly end in the middle

Customer Question

my microsoft game -sudoku - will abruptly end
in the middle of a game.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Were you playing the sudoku game fine previously? Are you able to play other Microsoft games fine?When did this issue first occur?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it;s never been very stable.no, solitaire is the same wayfrom the start
Do you have windows 8 or 8.1? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
win 8.1
Thank you. Here are a couple of things you can try:1. Close the game, then right-click on the game app icon, then click on Uninstall and confirm. Then go to Store app, then go to Your account /apps, then reinstall it (or search for the game again, then reinstall it.) and check.2. If that does not work, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type cmd then click OK. Then type sfc /scannow then press Enter key. Then wait until it's done (this can take long), then check the games; if needed, restart the computer and check.- If all fails, since this issue has occurred right from the start, then windows was likely not installed correctly. You can refresh it:Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.Follow the instructions on the screen and continue.Please reply back. Thank you.