Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

My ASUS laptop (purchased new about one month ago) worked normally

Customer Question

My ASUS laptop (purchased new about one month ago) worked normally last PM. This AM, it opens on Aptio Setup Utility (C) 2015 American Megatrends, Inc. Can't get out of this screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try a power reset first and if that does not work it will be best to get it repaired or replaced under the Asus warranty. a removable battery, use the following steps:
1.
Turn off the computer.
2.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
3.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
4.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
5.
Remove the battery from the battery compartment.
6.
Press and hold down the Power button for about 45 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
7.
Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
8.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
9.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
10.
After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update.
Reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery
NOTE:You should not attempt to remove a sealed battery as doing so can void your warranty.
To perform a hard reset on a computer with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:
1.
Turn off the computer.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Then press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, that didn't work
Okay, unfortunately this sounds like the BIOS settings have glitches or the hard drive has failed. You will need to contact Asus Warranty Dept for free replacement.1-***-***-****