Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I can't login to windows 10, it will not accept my password.

Customer Question

i can't login to windows 10, it will not accept my password. The password ***** ***** How do i get into my computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. The password ***** your email account is different from the Microsoft account that you use to log in to Windows (even though both use the same email address.) First off, please open up the following link on your current computer:https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx Click "I forgot my password" and then click Next.Enter your email address (the one you use to log in to Windows 10) and the captcha code provided, and then click Next.Follow the on-screen directions; you will be able to reset and create a new password ***** your Microsoft account this way. The password ***** your email account will still remain as it was earlier; you just changed the password ***** your Microsoft account (that uses the same email address.)Next, please use the newly created password ***** the login screen, on your laptop. Does it work?Do keep me posted. Thank you.