Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I was phone contacted by an obvious Indian person stating he

Customer Question

I was phone contacted by an obvious Indian person stating he is from MicroSoft and that you noticed many hits to compromise my computer via the internet. I told him what I thought of him. Now, do I owe him an apology or did I do the right thing?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Microsoft never contacts customers on their own
they only call back customers who have made requests\queries with them regarding their computer problems
Getting calls from individuals saying that they have received reports that your computer is compromised are usually fake calls
3rd party scam companies may call up posing a microsoft saying that your computer has errors and would offer you support plans at various charges and would remote access your pc and run few tools showing errors
You should avoid such calls and do not sign up for any plans from them and do not allow them to remote access your pc
In case you are facing issues with your computer, you can let me know and i can assist you for the same
Let me know if you have any questions
please click on a smiley face below or stars above to complete the rating if your question has been answered
Thanks for choosing Just answer