Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

While using my Asus u41j yesterday it fell off table but continued

Customer Question

While using my Asus u41j yesterday it fell off table but continued normally. Today it will not start. I have removed and reinstalled battery, I have held start button down for 60 seconds, nothing. The battery light is on.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your Asus U41J
please confirm its a J series or F series.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
J
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Remove the battery and unplug the ac adapter as well.
at the bottom you will see a memory bay remove the cover and try to remove the memory stick it might have two remove both.
once removed connect just the ac adapter and power on the Asus and let me know if you hear any beep codes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where memory bay is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave. Will need to reconnect later. Pls tell me how I would be able to reconnect to continue this conversation.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i have uploaded a picture on the following link please check its marked you have to open the bay to remove the memory sticks.
let me know if you know how to remove the memory stick or else i will give you a video link to watch and then remove them.
http://www.filedropper.com/mbay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Followed directions. No beeps when Ac was connected. Same behavior: pushed start button heard a whir and hard drive attempted to spin then power immediately went off
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/U31/e6012_U31_41_eManual.zip Click on the link it will download the laptop manual follow the picture on page 19 there will be screws which you need to remove using a screw driver and refer to page #65 how to remove and reinstall it back.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
After you remove the memory connect the battery and try to power on the laptop let me know if you hear any beep sound.