Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I own a Bar & Grill. WHen you look it up oin Google it says

Customer Question

I own a Bar & Grill. WHen you look it up oin Google it says closed now in Red letters. I never setr this up to begin with. I have a person that is questionable working for me that may be let go andhe is a extremely intehigent IT person that I am wondering if perhaps he set this up. There is no live number I can contact Google and get my stuff corrected as I never did this.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Can you please tell me the name of your Bar and Grill and the city it is in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alibi's Bar & Grill Pasadena, MD 21122. I also have it as Alibi's Inc. as the formal name trading as Alibi's Bar & Grill. When you do the Google search for Alibi's Bar & Grill for Pasadena, MD it lists Closed Now in big red letters though it has a drop down button for the hours. My customers and some employees have tols me as concerned and I looked it up and they are all correct. I never set this up nor gave anyone permission to do so. I have a bartender in question that may be let go and is on notice to straighten up. He is a IT person so now wondering could he have done this or perhapos a competitor. Needless to day I have to have this removed and listed correctly ASAP and need to know how to do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you also call me as I see the call me box to check off.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I found your problem, your business hours are set to 12am through 2am that is why it is showing the red closed all the time. I can't give you a call now but can fix this if you let me know the days and hours you are open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7 days a week 12pm -2am
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you also tell me who set this up to begin with? Is there contact information for this since I never did nor told anyone to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can list each day 12pm-2am like it has the individual days now, unless you think best to list open 7 days a week 12pm-2am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there as I am not getting a response and it says you cannot call me.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok I went ahead and made the change. It will not show up immediately though. You really should verify that this is your page or have one of your staff take care of it then your changes will be reflected immediately. This is not something that I can do with you over the phone as it takes a couple weeks and Google will need to send you a piece a of mail to your business to verify. Save the following link or page that this link goes to and it will explain what you need to do:https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en I did fix your hours though so you should see that reflected in the search in 24 to 48 hours. Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help. Unfortunately I am not available to chat by phone at this time but if you need more information just type it to me here.Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a customer care number and it disappeared. Do you have that number as well as I may be able to get live chat. WIll I get a separate email to rate your service as I will and give you a good rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just waiting on the last answer. I wish I wrote down the 800 customer care number as I really want to find out who set this up to begin with.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
The customer service number to this website is 1(###) ###-#### ***** sure you or one of your staff goes through the link I gave you which will allow you to make instant changes to your google page.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...the number I got originally was a 800 number and not a 888 number listed so maybe was to google and not this website? I will go on the link you gave me as well but still wanted to find out if there is a way to see who set this up to begin with. WIll I get an email to rate you as well as I will take the time to do it and give you a great rating?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Google does not have a customer service number for any of their free services which the maps and business listings are, free. Some google services that you pay for do have support numbers but this is not one of them. Yes you should receive an email reminding you to rate me if you choose not to do so now. As I said, make sure you or your staff claim the business if they have not already. This allows you to upload pictures and make instant changes. I feel like you or a staff member maybe already tried this and just made the mistake with the hours. They were correct except it was 12am to 2am so unless you looked at it during those hours it would show as closed. I just received this email from google confirming the change I made, view the attachment to see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to find out if there is a way to find out who set this up to begin with so I know whrther staff did this and who.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also just noticed on the map it lists the old name of the bar Beezers. I need it to say Alibi's Bar & Grill or just Alibi's if that is too long to put on the map.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
These are set up automatically based on Googles map data and I believe other sources like business directories, yellow pages, etc... Yours has your logo so someone must have uploaded that at some point, possibly an ex employee or current one? There is no way I can tell. I can tell you that if you follow the instructions I gave you to claim your business you will have full control over how it appears. You just need to go through those instructions and google will send you something in the mail you use to confirm. It needs to be sent to the business. If those instructions seem confusing get one of your more tech savvy staff to do it for you but the important part is you make sure you have them send the verification letter to the business address and not your home or anything like that. It is confusing I know, you are not the first person I have helped with this process. In the mean time here is how you can make edits. Search your business on the map. Just search the map and then click the map marker and click report a problem on the bottom right. I attached an image so you can see. As for the old bar "Beezers" I am only seeing that on the email and not the live google search but if you see it on the live google search just click the beezers marker and click report a problem and mark as closed permanently or changed name. Again changes can take a few days to show in google but usually they are pretty quick about it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks...as I saw when searching on my phone and it had Beezers on the map. I jsut clicked on what you sent and it had Alibi's so stange. Thanks for your help. Again last question I ahve been asking....is there anyway to find out who set this up to begin with?
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Well as I said, google probably created the listing based off map data and business listings. They are basically mapping the whole world and have cars with cameras that drive around and they match that with business listings like the yellow pages for example and other courses. So that would be how it first appeared. Now as far as anyone making changes to it, it is impossible to tell. Until you have claimed this business as yours anyone can make changes to it's listing just as I did with the hours. If someone already claimed the business you can get it back by following the instructions I linked you above. They will send you a card in the mail with further instructions to the business address. It is very important in this day and age that you do this so your competitors don't mess with your listing. Make sure you ask all your staff though, I have found that usually a staff member or maybe a family member that helps with the business makes changes and doesn't tell anyone. But be sure to go through verification so you have complete control. It is pretty simple if you follow that guide I gave you.Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK..jsut saw on amazon answers as well it lists Beezers online. I tried to click on the marker but it didn't work for me to report a problem. I won't bother you anymore. I di click on the link you gave me as well but it has to set up as thougn a new account verses it aleady is set up so it may be confising to them but I will do. It has add or claim your business than verify it etc. but I will do this regardless and see what happens. Thank you.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Remember you can always return and ask a quick question even after rating if you need to. Have a great day.