Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 and it is one year

Customer Question

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 and it is one year old. Suddenly I could no longer connect to it and discovered that the power light changed from white to orange. All the other lights are on, all with the exception of the 2.4 ghz light. Is this
remediable?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to disconnect the power connect from the router for a few minutes, then reconnect, then wait a bit and check?
If that does not work, can you push and hold the Reset button at the back of the router for 10 seconds (use a paperclip or pin), then wait a bit and check? If needed, re-set up the router, and check.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did all of this. Did not work. Is it possible for someone to wirelessly disable the router..a tech savvy person perhaps?
Sorry, only if a person is able to connect to your wireless network name or physically connected to your router, then he/she can log in the router with the default password, if you had not changed the router's login password.
Can you connect both the modem and computer to the router, then click on the website below:
http://www.routerlogin.net
(or website: http://192.168.1.1)
, and login with
Username: admin
Password: password
, then go to the Wireless settings / option there, and see if you can enable wireless / radio.
Please let me know. Thank you.