Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

When I insert a new section into the middle of an existing

Customer Question

When I insert a new section into the middle of an existing document, the endnotes in that new section don't mesh with those in the existing one--for example, #1 follows #45. Is there anything I can do besides change each endnote individually? Any help would be hugely and gratefully appreciated.
Jason at
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use Word Perfect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
This page has detailed instructions for renumbering the endnotes http://wptoolbox.com/tips/ENtips.html Method 1: Use WordPerfect menu selections to place endnotes at the end of a chapter, subdocument, or other section. This restarts endnote numbering with "Endnote 1" in each chapter or section.At the end of each chapter or subdocument's body text (normally, this is just before a hard page break [HPg]), click on Insert, Footnote/Endnote; then click on Endnote Placement button and select the choice to put them at the insertion point and restart numbering (in WP9: "Insert endnotes at insertion point and restart numbering"); click OK, then Close, to return to the document. You may need to delete a blank page following each chapter's endnotes that WordPerfect may insert while using this method.Notes: (1) If you later delete or add endnotes to the chapter, the notes will re-number automatically. (2) If the last body text in the chapter is enclosed in a paragraph style, you may need to manually insert a hard page break (Ctrl+Enter) following the paragraph style's ending code before using this method.