Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Andy...I installed an Acer monitor today and It seemed to

Customer Question

Hi Andy...I installed an Acer monitor today and It seemed to kill my audio. I have external speakers thal have served well forever and the Acer monitor has no speakers. That's ok with me because monitor speakers are not so great. the problem is that now I get no sound from them. I used SoundBlaster before but have uninstalled it at least for the time being because I thought it mi9ght be causing the conflict. Why would Acer's software take my sound when my machine doesn't have speakers?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
something might be conflicting. Or it might be a simple case of you knocked the speakers out of the plug by accident when you installed the monitor. first make sure that the speakers are plugged into the correct ( usually green ) input jack if they connect to each other as well make sure you dont have those 2 jacks mixed up. make sure the speakers are plugged into the wall if necessary.make sure the sound volume is not on zero or mutein control panel sounds check the volume and the speaker volumeunder hardware tab make sure that the playback device has your sound card in it. if none of that work you have to reinstall the sound card in control panel / system / hardware tab / device manager delete everything under sound and game controllers by highliting and press delete button on keyboardreboot the comptuer it should reinstall.itself properly if it has errors let me know the exact make and model of the computer and/or sound card and i will get you the proper drivers.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
have you managed to try the above instructions ? are they working ?