Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I forgot password ***** my internet wifi. need it to to down

Customer Question

I forgot password ***** my internet wifi. need it to to down load new phone.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Do you currently have a computer that's connected wirelessly to your router? If so, may I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with the retrieving the WIFI password ***** the same? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK, let's get started with the remote session now, so that I can retrieve the password ***** you. Are you using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari as your browser? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Internet Explorer. I cant call you. trying ti activate new phone.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Please open up the following remote link now:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cf9996c1-e8ae-4b03-84ab-2c3cff59b877Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer says program cannot be started.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, no issues. Let's try a different remote tool this time. Please open up the following link:www.teamviewer.com Click 'Download TeamViewer'. A 'TeamViewer' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file, then install and run TeamViewer accordingly. Reply back to me with the ID and the password ***** (while keeping the TeamViewer window open.) If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, were you able to download and the TeamViewer tool this time? If so, could you let me know the ID and the password ***** by the tool, please? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lost you for a while, last link didn't work either.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
That's odd. No issues, let me just provide you with the steps to carry out, to retrieve the password ***** your system now. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows xp
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and is this computer connected wirelessly to the router, or using an Ethernet cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wireless
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies for the brief delay. Now, we will need to login to your router page using your browser first. What's the model number of the router, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3801HVG
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK, now please open up the following link on your browser:192.168.1.254 Click Login. Does it log you in to the router page? Keep me posted.