Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

If I join match can I hide my profile but then if I see some

Customer Question

If I join match can I hide my profile but then if I see some one I wish to contact make it available to her thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Yes, there's an option to set your profile to hidden with an on/off type button on the website. It is intended for use when you've found a match or if you simply don't want to be found and want to look for someone yourself.
You can read more about the options you have regarding hidden profiles here:
http://www.match.com/help/help.aspx?a_id=1212
If you like I can show you how to set your profile to hidden via a remote session.
Is this what you're after?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sort of but specifically I don't want my profile public at all only if I see some one I want to contact then I would let only them see it and no one else does that make sense ?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Yes that makes perfect sense, I believe you can do that - they do warn you will have less chances of a match but it doesn't mean you can't use the website in that manner. It would certainly help you keep anonymous to those you are not aware of!