Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Wow, Aaron, I've just deleted pages in my word doc, by deletin

Customer Question

Wow, Hi Aaron, I've just deleted pages in my word doc, by deleting the blank topic heading in my navigation bar. Then closed word. Reopened, realize mistake, tried recovery process for files, but no good, any way I can undo my huge boo boo?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
You may be able to recover the older copy by doing the following:
- In Explorer, right click the file that you wish to restore and click Properties.
- Click the Previous Versions tab.
- Choose a date from the list that you will like to restore To.
- Click the copy button and copy it to another location.
- Open the new file that you just copied into the new location.
That will be a version before you made the mistake.
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This didn't work, no previous versions, and I find this web site working with you extremely confusing. Please respond to this, if you get it, so I can follow-up with you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
If there are no previous versions, you may not be able to recover the older document.
Thank you for the update.
May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?
When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this is good by me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting for chat and share, do I need to do anything else?
Thank you.
After you accept the service for remote session, the remote link will be posted here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't yet see accept service for remote. Is this added charge also?
It should be listed as "Remote Support". Yes, there is an additional charge for remote services.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This does not seem like it will work, your previous message said may not be able to recover, and I'm charged for this, and now, more, when it seems that I cannot recover. Thanks, ***** *****'ll try to figure it out in some other way
Thank you for the update, Aaron.
If there were no previous version for the file, you may wish to check if there are any previous versions of the whole directory. Just follow the same instructions but right click the folder that contains the file instead.