Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My IMac which I bought in 2009 is very very slow> Why? Can

Customer Question

My IMac which I bought in 2009 is very very slow> Why? Can this be fixed?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please? Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen Select "About This Mac" In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Processor: 2.66 GHz intel Coe 2 Duo
Memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Version 10.7.5
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** please download and run the following tool?http://www.etresoft.com/download/EtreCheck.zip It will collect information about your system for diagnostic purposes. Run the app once it has downloaded (you may skip the first screen where it asks to describe your problem and just click “Start EtreCheck). When it is finished collecting data, click "Copy report to clipboard" then click “Continue” and paste it back to me as a reply. (You should be able to paste it back by right-clicking or Ctrl-clicking where you type your reply to me and then choosing Paste from the pop-up menu). Thanks,John