Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

My printer is not printing right, but I think it is a computer

Customer Question

My printer is not printing right, but I think it is a computer problem because the ink is all ok and it will copy a document just fine. I have been getting a message that something is wrong since a day after your guy installed my new computer, but up until now it always worked so I didn't do anything about it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, i'm sorry about the issue,, What is happening when you attempt to Print ? Are you receiving any type of error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - just get a page printed with hit or miss printing. Almost as if the black ink is low, but it isn't.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
What is the full brand/model of your printer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Epson Stylus NX230
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
To resolve this problem, please do the following:1-Open the printer and Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.2- Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water to thoroughly clean the print head.3-Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.4-Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges5-Try to print something nowIf that does not work then the print head will need to be replaced. Hope this help,Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant remove the ink cartridge because it is not reporting "low". If I take the printer to Best Buy can they work on it? I am supposed to get a year of free tech support that I signed up for when I had the Geek Squad - so will I be charged for your help? I understand that if it is a printer problem and not a computer problem, I might be charged, but I don't know that yet.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Yes, If you have a warranty for your Printer, they can work on it, you can call best buy at : 1(###) ###-####
Please only rate if you are 100% satisfied, do not rate an answer if you're not satisfied.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess we are done. will I be charged for this?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
You can request a full refund by visiting this page : http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund thanks
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.