Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Following microsoft security update on my laptop, my wifi stoped.

Customer Question

Following microsoft security update on my laptop, my wifi stoped. Wifi turned on,however, my lap top indicates wifi turned off. Windows 7 operating system. Motem working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Since the WIFI started just recently, please try carrying out a system restore in SAFE MODE first. First off, restart the system and tap down the F8 key repeatedly at bootup (just after the system powers back on) until the Advanced Options menu comes up.Select 'Safe Mode', then press ENTER twice to boot into Windows in that mode.After booting up, go to Start, type in "System Restore" (without the quotes) in the search field and press ENTER.In the System Restore window, select "Choose a different restore point" (if available), and click Next.Now, TICK the "Show more restore points" checkbox, and then choose an available restore point dated BEFORE you started having this issue with WIFI. The restore operation will now proceed, after which the system will automatically restart. This should roll back the system back to the restore point you selected earlier.You may get back to this question page anytime later on through your emails received from JustAnswer.Do keep me posted. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem solution you recomended did not work my wifi still does not work
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. Let me open up your question to our other experts now, who can assist you further with this issue. Please do not rate until your issue has been resolved. Thank you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.let me know when you could online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The process outlined to correct my wifi problem did not work
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i see that. may i know the make and model number of the computer and the router as well.Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know when you would be online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer model HP 2000-379wm Modem model Netgear###-##-####15
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restoring my computet to a date prior to loosing my WIFI did not correct the problem. I am awaiting futher instructions.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please let me know what time you will be online and your time zone so that i can be online at the same time to fix this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle I will be out of town for the next couple of days. I will again email you upon my return as I am anxious to resolve this issue.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
sure..reply to me once you are back in town
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle I can be online for the 1 1/2 hours. Please let me know if this works for you and if you need additional information. Let me know if you feel it would be productive to handle this on by phone.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am online now onward will be online the entire days let me know if this time is good for you or you we may schedule it when you are available i just need 30 mins of yours.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle I still have not had my original computer problem resolved. Please advise when you will be online.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
it seems our times are not matchingplease let me know what time you can be online on saturday and sunday