Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I am working on a 16 page document, all of a sudden when trying

Customer Question

I am working on a 16 page document, all of a sudden when trying to open, I get a message that says document is locked and will not accept changes, and then another window states that the document cannot be opened by that version of Quark. HELP!
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working in Quark 10, working on a 16 page document, all of a sudden when trying to open, I get a message that says document is locked and will not accept changes, and then another window states that the document cannot be opened by that version of Quark. HELP!
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
try just rebooting the computer that should free it up if it is lockedif that doesnt work please let me know if it is a windows computer or a mac for more helpthank you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that. I am Mac based.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
it still says locked ? try copying it to another file and giving the copy a different name. with quark closed. then try to open the copy