Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

The electricity went off two days ago but I don't know if my

Customer Question

The electricity went off two days ago but I don't know if my problem is related to that or not
I received a message Google error 404 The requested URL/cgi _bin/redirect ha. I don't know what that means I was able to get service by simply typing in www.google.com but the above message keeps re-appearing Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which internet browser you are using? EG: Internet Explorer?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Google.com The electricity went out two nights ago. When it came back on I got this message" Google 404 The requested URL /cgi_bin redirect ha was not found on this service. that's all we know " The computer works and I can get other search engines but this message keeps re-appearing and interfering with thle use of Google Diane
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I am trying to find out though Diane, which internet browser you are using that has this error please.Is it Internet Explorer?I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard