Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

When windows 7 screen lock kicks in and I try to unlock I get

Customer Question

when windows 7 screen lock kicks in and I try to unlock I get message that only the current user can unlock - but it doesn't show me who current user is ( I have several login ids)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please press and HOLD down the Power button on your system for atleast 15 seconds, until it powers off completely (with a tick sound), and release the button. Next, press the Power button one more time and boot up into Windows - does it allow you to login to your own account now? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to power off I just want to unlock the screen - I am in the middle of something.
If I wanted to pull the plug I wouldn't be asking you how to do it!
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if that's possible if you don't have access to the locked account itself. Let me open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist you further with this. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Kindly do not rate until your issue has been resolved; you will be automatically notified (by email) when another expert picks this up. If not, you will be able to request a full refund of the deposit placed. Thank you.