Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Running 8.1 blue screen comes up stating windows shut down

Customer Question

running 8.1 blue screen comes up stating windows shut down to prevent damage restated and same thing occurred restarted again and an error message states 'Microsoft visual c++ runtime library C:users\public\DOCUME~1\windows.exe
R6034
There is obviously a problem, what can I do to remedy this situation?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Are you able to load into windows at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes for a little while
If you can please view this link to a video on how to restore windows 8.1 to an earlier date and time before this problem started. Hopefully you can navigate to it. Let me know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cty6dS0dtTo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer says no system restore points created
That's not good if there are no restore points it would mean we can't undo what was done. What is the make of this machine and the model number please. So far it seems there is a malfunction with windows in general.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer is a gateway model DX 4885
Ok I need you to restart it and when you see the gateway logo push the alt and the F10 key together a few times if that does nothing restart and just try F10. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got to the refresh your PC screen should I refresh it
Yes choose to refresh.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says the drive where Windows is installed is locked unlock the drive and try again
That's not good, do you currently have any important data on this machine and were you given the option to reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have anything really important and there is an option to reset the PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have Carbonite backup
Redo the last steps and see if you are able to use the option to reset the PC instead of refreshing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can do besides erasing everything on my computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried to reset and a message came up unable to reset your PC a required drive partition is missing
I am sorry for the delay, If the drive partition is missing to recover the machine that would explain why the refresh would fail. I'm sorry to say the only way to recovery or refresh your pc without loosing data you may need the original recovery software on disk sent to you from gateway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are totally wrong I went to Microsoft paid a hundred fifty bucks and they fixed it there was a corrupt file
Usually the repair would correct the file I am glad you have it fixed have a good day.