Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Had a hard disk crash.

Customer Question

Had a hard disk crash. When reloaded to new hrd dsk using win7 [which I had before] it keeps telling me I need at least 600x800 setting. I have much more than that, but it continues to screw up the screen, then shuts off.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
It looks like we might need to adjust Picasa's compatibility settings to resolve this issue with the resolution error.
May I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies; I do not do phone calls on the site. However, should we go ahead with a quick remote session now, so that I can check the issue here?
Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. do the remote session now.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5e10f52b-b763-474f-bb65-3e574c34b5c9
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (in Firefox, click on the down arrow button at the top-right to view your downloads).
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, it looks like you are having some issues with downloading or running our remote tool, so let's try a different remote tool this time. Please open up the following link:
www.teamviewer.com
Click 'Download'. A 'TeamViewer' file will be downloaded by your browser (in Firefox, click on the down arrow button at the top-right to view your downloads).
OPEN/RUN the file, then install and run TeamViewer accordingly. Reply back to me with the ID and the password ***** (while keeping the TeamViewer window open.)
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, this has too many disclaimers and protections for you and the site and none for me. I am not in the least comfortable. I will contact Pay Pal if you do not and cancel this.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please rest assured; if you are NOT comfortable with allowing remote access, no issues - I'll troubleshoot the issue with you on this page itself.
First off, please right-click on the Picasa icon and select Properties.
In the Properties window, click on the "Compatibility" tab - do you see any option checked there?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I just wanted some answers. It appears that after the last uninstall, I did not reinstall Picasa. Guess I was too disgusted. I thought I could get answers to try and then reinstall and try those suggestions. So we cannot do this now. Thanks, anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are just too many hoops to jump through to get started here. There must be a better way.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see. A remote session would indeed be the easiest and quickest way for us to go through the steps and troubleshoot the issue here, but since you are not comfortable with using our remote tool, will it be okay if we used a trustworthy third-party tool like TeamViewer instead?
Do let me know what you think, please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just cannot do this now. I thought this would be quicker. The time I had to spend on this has expired. I have too much else to take care of at the moment. Thank, anyway.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I'll cancel and close out this question for you now. You need not reply any further. Thank you.