Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I received a message: Windows cannot open folder. The compressed

Customer Question

I received a message: Windows cannot open folder. The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid. I get this message after downloading pictures from Disney photo pass and I try to view pictures. Can u help Disney is too slow to respond
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!

There could be an issue with your antivirus corrupting the file as you download it. Or your zip archive program could be out of whack. There could be several other small issues that are causing the problem as well.

As far as resolving the issue, I can connect to your computer from here and speak to you over the phone. That way with a screen sharing connection, I can try to open the files in person and repair any errors that are preventing the files from being opened. Would you like to try that additional service?

Or would you prefer I assist you via written word instead?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

written word

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I may have misunderstood the one word response of " yes" Maybe you meant you wanted to work through this issue via written word instead? If so, lets try the following.. First, download and make sure you run, install and open the free program below. http://www.7-zip.org/ Most likely, you will want the 64 bit windows version. Once installed, open winzip so its on screen. Then, locate the zip file you downloaded from Disney. ( it may be in your downloads folder, or pictures, worst case scenario download it again, and then check where its downloading to) Once you find the file, right click it and then click 7 zip, extract files to. On the next screen pay attention to what folder it says its going to put the files in. And where it says its going to put the files. Then complete the extraction. Then, go to the folder it just made and try to view the pictures or view t he files. If this doesnt work, if anything goes wrong. Please send a detailed reply letting me know at what step you get stuck, or what happened when you followed the above steps. Thank you, I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi William.
I never heard back from you after I sent you the free 7zip program and suggested you use it to open the zip files.
Did my suggestions work? Did you still need help? Please respond when you can and let me know the current status of this issue. As of now this shows as a zero on my work history, meaning I couldnt provide any assistance.
Thank you,
Dustin S.