Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have been having a problem days now with the

Customer Question

I have been having a problem for several days now with the internet. I was given another modem but the problem seems to be worse. When I turn the computer on the modem comes on but the ethnet light does not light up and I have no connection. I have reset it numerous times. Sometimes it takes nearly an hour before I get a connection but once I turn the computer off and reboot again I find the connection gone again. I have called and was told, after being on the phone for over an hour, that someone would call me in TWO DAYS. What I am wondering is could the problem be with the line? Or is it with my computer. What do I have to do to get someone out to check the line? Irene
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
From question, i could understand that you have an Ethernet issue on Modem. Since its an Ethernet issue we cannot blame your ISP or the modem provider since issue persists even after replacing modem, i suspect issue might be with your computer LAN port.By the way, Do you have a second computer or laptop to check the Ethernet connection. If so we can identify issue quickly.The possibilities are:1: Either Computer or Modems LAN port is having problem2: Bad LAN cable Possibility 1 can be checked by:Connecting LAN cable on different LAN port on modem. Since modem is already replaced we can opt out that option. When come back to computer, since there won't be second port, you can use your second computer to check this. If it works fine o, then this might be computer port issue.Possibility 2 can be checked by:Replace with another LAN cable and see if it makes any change You may also do this if modem has second Ethernet port, just loop connection, which means connect 1 end of LAN cable to 1st port of modem and other end to 2nd port of modem. Check if lit Ethernet LED.. Please update statusThanks
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir, Didn't find your reply, hope you are well Would you please update status for above postRegards,Fiyaz
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
Dear sir, Do you get my response.. Please reply