Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

How can I get a picture of myself removed from someone else's

Customer Question

How can I get a picture of myself removed from someone else's Facebook page. This is a very sensitive issue.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said someone was online waiting to answer my question why do I have to wait a day?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you know this person?
Do you see any other option / icon?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't know this person and they don't know my name. I have a Mac
Do you have a facebook account?
If you had sent a message to that person requesting him/her to remove that picture, did he/she respond to you?
Can you please provide me the website link to the picture you want to remove?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a facebook acct. no can't provide u with the link. The only option Facebook gives is to send message to that person
Are you friended on Facebook with that person?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on this issue directly on your computer together with you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No can't provide link and no I didn't send a message. I want Facebook to remove it without my identity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No you can't connect to my computer remotely. I want Facebook to remove it. I KNOW HOW TO SEND A MESSAGE.
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. I can sense the frustration in your previous posts. Please understand I have no direct affiliation with Facebook, but will do my best to provide you information necessary to resolve your issue. First the only way to have such content removed by Facebook is to report it to them using their online form. You stated that you want Facebook to remove it without your identity, however this is not possible. You will have to provide them some information in order for them to verify you are who you claim to be. So you can't make a claim anonymously. Here is the link to the Facebook form. You will need to fill this out to report the issue:http://l.facebook.com/help/contact/274459462613911
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. For the record Facebook can know my identity. I have an account. Maybe I wasn't clear, I don't want the person who posted to know my identity. Which is the reason I didn't send them a message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the link. I have it already. It doesn't work. But thanks anyway.
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. If you can provide provide Facebook a copy of the picture you want removed that may be helpful to them as well. If you happen to have access to the photo posted on Facebook, such as if you are friends with this person, you can also report it by following these steps.
Click on the fourth option down from the top for the instructions on what to do.
https://www.facebook.com/help/181495968648557/
Hope you get it sorted out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep. Thanks a lot. I've been all over the links you sent me. No way to contact Facebook. People can take your picture and say whatever they want whether true or not and goes down as fact. So I guess I really need a lawyer......
Unfortunately, there are several people that have similar issues and dealing with Facebook can be difficult to say the least. They only give you limited options for contacting them and the consensus is that they are never in any rush to address issues when reported. Legal counsel may be your best option depending on the type of abuse.