Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Sandisk 32 Gig flash drive with the internal vault

Customer Question

Hi I have a Sandisk 32 Gig flash drive with the internal vault associated with it. When I originally set it up a couple years ago to restore my computer to increase the speed of it, I forgot the password ***** was iinitially set up and would like to know how to go about retrieving it. I should have never set it up that way thinking I might forget it and sure enough I did.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Id like to be able to provide a magic answer here. But unfortunately, your stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The password ***** be reset or removed. ( if it could, there would be no point in putting a password ***** it in the first place)
Heres what sandisk has to say, which is the same as above.
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/99/~/forgot-the-password-on-my-u3-device
Now as far as options. Your going to have to format the Sandisk drive so you can use it. That will erase all your files.
Now as far as restoring your computer, there may be other options. Whats wrong with the computer? WHats the full name brand and model of the computer? And what exactly happens when you try to power it on?
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.