Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Wi-Fi password, forgot, how to get it?

Customer Question

Wi-Fi password, forgot, how to get it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?
Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have a laptop, running windows 7. Connected to Xfinity moden by cable and wi-fi.

"Ranger" was set up as network connection, pass word ????

Dick

What's the model of your comcast xfinity modem?
If your windows 7 laptop is not connected to the modem, does internet work on the laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My computer is connected to the modem.

Modem on the back - Cisco 105+

Dick

That means the computer is not wireless. Can you please check at the back of the Cisco 105+ to see if there is any other model, such as Cisco 105+? Do you see anything else any other number/character like serial number, etc.?
And/or if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can retrieve your modem's Wi-Fi / wireless directly through your computer together with you. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My computer is wireless, but I am connected to the via ether net cable.

Wireless shows up in bottom right bar and clicked on, comes up ranger, connected.

Thank you for replying back. If you test disconnecting the Ethernet cable between the computer and the Cisco 105+ device, does the Internet still work on your computer?When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,