Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Ok. this computer

Customer Question

Ok. this computer I'm using is locked, I mean the administrator. Im using another user. This is a sony vaio windows 7 home premium. Can you fix it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Is another user also an administrator account or not?
Do you mean you forgot the password ***** the main / administrator account?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the user I have acces to, is just an standard user. The computer has two users, Adiministrator which is locked. The standard user does not have acces to anything. I can not perform updates or anything, I cannot acces certain files because does not allow me to
, it asks me for a password ***** I don't know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All what I want is to have acces to the administrator, get a new password ***** can update the computer, because I cannot update anything because I don't know the password.
Who set up the computer / who set up this computer's administrator password *****?
Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand new, with a new password ***** want?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, I can do reset the computer fresh, What I want is to reset it whitout losing my data and all the software. This is not the answer I was expecting. The computer was set up at the store, I have the restore discs. But I don't want to do that, I'm not planning to pay for something I can do myself. Now the password ***** changed by accident, my child does not remember it.
I'm sorry, resetting the password ***** ***** You would need to burn a Windows password ***** Does your computer have a cd/dvd burner / writer? Do you have a blank CD disk?
Or another way is to take out the hard drive, then insert it to another computer using a USB hard drive enclosure/adapter, then transfer files, then restore. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, if is not fixable then I'm just going to leave it the way it is. Thank you. This means I don't have to pay anything right. Thank you Sr.
You're welcome. It is fixable, but it can be complicated and take time. Please let me know your option. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm just going to leave it the way it is. Thank you, ***** ***** more question, I wont be charged. Right?
That's correct. We are refunding your deposit. If you still need help with this issue later or if you need help with any other computer issue, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** need it I will, anyway I'm glad I found this website. Have a good night Sr.
You're welcome. Good night! Thank you.