Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I was on Line with Ryan S. trying to get the busy signal off

Customer Question

I was on Line with Ryan S. trying to get the busy signal off of my phone help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. A busy signal on a phone line of the usual sort (landline service) means that you have a phone off the hook (or, a fax machine that has failed to hang up on the line) somewhere on the line, usually. If you have a digital or VoIP phone system on the other hand, a busy signal could mean that you have a VoIP box that needs a routine reset, or other problems. If there is a fax anywhere on the line, turn the fax machine or faxing device Off, for a test as to whether that cures the persistent busy signal. Please give me more background on the problem - I cannot retrieve your session with Ryan S. so unfortunately I will need the details of the problem over again.Has the phone worked before this, or is this a new phone installation, or a new use of a newly installed phone service?