Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Amazon said you recalled my battery fortype 5016, S/n LR-N798C,

Customer Question

Amazon said you recalled my battery fortype 5016, S/n LR-N798C, Product ID 5016W78.
Would you please send me a new battery? I have never used the computer as yet and it was new when I bought it. I have been a Lenova customer since the late nineties and my son Dr. R. Taylor bought most of my computers from you. I like the red cursor button and that was why I bought from Amazon as I heard you were going to stop the red button.
Please send battery replacement to Kay Causey,***** Adairsville, GA 30103. thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Only some batteries in some models of lenovo were recalled. To find out of your model is one of the models affected by the recall. Please go to this link http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/hf004122 On that page.. Look for this linkDetermine if your battery is being recall Click that link. It will ask you to download a file. Make sure you open and run that file. What that file will do is check if your battery needs to be recalled. If the program decides your battery is one of the ones being replaced, then when it finishes running it will show you your battery replacement options on screen. If you have any further questions, let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did I have to pay 36.00 for a battery you are recalling and to ask one question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
This is JustAnswer.com, as shown by the logos on the website and in my first response to you. ( Welcome to JustAnswer.com) Were a paid technical support site. You asked how to find out if your battery was one of the models that were recalled. I provided the exact steps to find out if your battery is one of the recalled models. And if so, the program I suggested will tell you exactly where and how to ship your battery to Lenovo. I also see your request for a phone call, before I accept that offer I want to be clear that we are a paid technical support service. I will call you if you would prefer, but we do not offer free support. How would you like to proceed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I cancel this 36.00 charge? Is there a phone number or is there an email to contact you? It says it is free for one week.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure when or if you would be charged for the free trial. Corporate controls all billing and account issues. You can contact our Customer Support team.In the US or Canada(###) ###-####In the UK 0***-***-****;In Australia 1800-679-634;In New Zealand 0800-452-621;Anywhere else 1-***-***-****.Our team is available to answer your calls 24/7. Once you figure out if you want to continue with our support session, or whether or not you have a free trial. Youre welcome to reply to me here and I will call, or connect to your computer and help you run the program and submit your battery for recall. ( If its one of the affected batteries) Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Youre welcome, I will be online for another 7 hours if you need me. Dustin S.