Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I cannot open my individual recipes on MasterCook 11. This

Customer Question

I cannot open my individual recipes on MasterCook 11. This has never happened to me before and I need the recipe file for my Chef's Business. I have been using MasterCook for over 18 years and rely on it daily. Please Please help me!!!??
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I just want to be sure as its not specified and easy to forget to do, but have you restarted the computer and then tried to open it?
If not, please do this. If you have, tell me when this problem started please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes this has been happening over the past 2 days. I turn the computer off at the end of each day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this version 11 for about 8 years or more but this is the first time I cannot open recipes.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
As the first step I want to undo any corruption that has occurred within windows that can cause this.
Can you close all programs please.
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore
Follow the onscreen steps and follow the instructions to perform a restore, choosing a date before 2 days ago, so when you could last work it.
Let this complete and then try to access the recipes.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,