Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I backup my File Explorer files and all of a sudden my Photo

Customer Question

I backup my File Explorer files and all of a sudden my Photo directory is in a Windows Photo Viewer mode. How do I get back to the Windows 8 default Photo utility?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
First off, please right-click on any photo in your photo directory and select "Open with > Choose default program".
Does you see "Metro Photos App" listed as one of the options? If so, select that option, and you should be good to go.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page.
Thank you!