Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

My partners facebook has been hacked and he no longer has the

Customer Question

my partners facebook has been hacked and he no longer has the phone used for 2 step verification but had changed his password. reported to FB but dont fancy waiting while the hacker trawls through his account
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. Facebook offers a few different options for trying to reset passwords other than a cell phone, such as answering security questions, or even enlisting the help of a friend. To use a friend:If one of your friends ever gets locked out of their account, they may call you for help if you're listed as one of their trusted contacts. All you'll need to do is:Go to the URL your friend gives youConfirm you've talked to themGive your friend the code Facebook provides over the phone or in personBe sure to give your friend the code over the phone or in person. We want to make sure that nobody gets into their Facebook account by pretending to be them. Learn more about trusted contacts.If your friend hasn't yet started the process to secure their account, please ask them to visit the Help Center to get started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cant access fb account as the security code gets sent to his old phone.
You don't need to have the cell phone because there are different options available. You just aren't selecting the right one. Go to the reset page for Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/login/identify Type in your email address.The next page gives you options to choose from. Either email you a link to reset your password ***** text you a code. You do not have access to the phone number so choose the option for emailing you the link. Also if you look just below the text option int blue type it says "No longer have access to these?" Click on this option as well and it will take you to screen where you can enter a different email that they can use to send you the password ***** link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have changed the password ***** it forwards me to the text me the security code no other option. tried trusted friends and when i try to send codes to 3 friends the screen goes blank
You should not only be seeing the one option after following the instructions I provided. Be sure on the first screen you are not entering the phone number, but entering the email address associated with the account.
The only other option is to use this form to contact them. There are no other options. I am not affiliated with Facebook and have no way to access user accounts.
https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/357439354283890