Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I recently found the Help_DECRYPT Virus on my PC. After it

Customer Question

I recently found the Help_DECRYPT Virus on my PC. After it was removed, I noticed there is no longer an option to backup my files. I have the Backup or Restore on the menu, but it is not selectable. I am unable to determine if Windows was damaged during the virus removal. What can I do to correct the
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your computer let me know the problem you are facing now after removal of the virus apart from backup and restore function.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently found the Help_DECRYPT Virus on my PC. After it was removed, I noticed there is no longer an option to backup my files. I have the Backup or Restore on the menu, but it is not selectable. I am unable to determine if Windows was damaged during the virus removal. What can I do to correct the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure if there are other problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are responding, I am not receiving the response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
There is a delay on receiving the reply please bear with me.
I want you to power off the computer and boot your computer on safe mode with networking option then i will remote access and will check the windows function.
May be your user profile is corrupted that can be possible too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know once you are in safe mode with networking
to go to that mode follow the steps below
Turn the computer on as it turn on and you see display on the screen immediately press the F8 for few times it will open windows advance menu use the arrow key to select safe mode and hit enter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally got here. I could not open email in safe mode. So I am on now.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
not on safe mode there was another option safe mode with networking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in safe mode with networkking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is taking longer than I have time for. WE are going to have to do this another time. goodbye
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i can remote access and check the computer function for windows
open the link http://tinyurl.com/ohhhwmx
Join Your Remote Desktop Session How Remote Desktop Works Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.