Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

How can I send a DVD privately to a friend on YouTube

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to get an urgent reply. I am in Australia so it won't be possible to ring.
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue. Essentially what you want to do is keep your video private so that only those you want to see it are able to view it. To do this is actually fairly simple. I have posted a link to a video below that walks you through the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poGiVTXuqS8 Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael, but I think I need to go back a few steps. I haven't used youtube before so not sure how to download a dvd. I followed instructions but I think it is too large. It is 1.02 gb. Is there any way I can send it to someone who does not have a dropbox or youtube account?
With Youtube, you are going to run into size limitations. So you may need to break the file up into multiple files. They don't need to have a Youtube account to view the video, but you will need one in order to upload it. Even with Dropbox you are going to run into size limitations as well. Shutterfly is another option. Allows you to create a free account and upload videos that you can share with people and they do not have to have a membership to view them. Not sure what the size limitations are with them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what the size limitations are? I am trying to make a copy of a DVD (which I filmed) for my friend on my Mac. But when I sent it to her she couldn't open it. Do you have any idea why this happened and if it would be easier to try and make a copy and send it to her rather than online considering it is such a big file?
Yes, the easiest solution would be to burn it to an actual DVD disc and send it to her given the size of the file. With Shutterfly's free service each video can only be up to 300MB. If you pay for the premium service each video can be up to 1GB. Here is the video FAQs for Shutterfly.
https://www.shutterfly.com/free-video-sharing/video_faq.jsp?esch=1#q3
You are going to find that with any free service there will be size limitations that will require you to break the video up into smaller chunks. This is why I think the easiest solution would be to send it on an actual DVD disc.