Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to install my Publisher 97 program onto my computer. I am running Windows 7 p

Customer Question

I am trying to install my Publisher 97 program onto my computer. I am running Windows 7 professional and no one seems to be able to help me. Is there something I can do to make the program compatible with my operating system? Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
We might be able to install the Publisher 97 version by running its setup file in Compatibility Mode (for Windows XP).
May I set up a quick remote session now, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but could we wait for a half hour before we try this? I am having problems with my D drive and it should be ready in about a half hour.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Certainly; just leave me a reply when you are ready to continue, and I'll provide you with directions to connect thereafter.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay. I'm ready to go now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's too late today, please send me an e-mail to see if tomorrow AM is better. Thanks
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies for the brief delay at my end - I had gone off for a while as well. Will it be okay if we set up a remote session in 15 minutes?
Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm back and ready to go. Thanks
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=35d2c2f6-6cbb-417e-84d8-5fa05c5ccee2
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (If using Firefox, click on the down arrow icon at the top-right to view your downloads)
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should be there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need me to do anything else or did you get connected. I ran the download.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the remote session. I'll open up your question to our other experts now, who will be able to assist you further with this issue. Thank you.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
its listed as not compatible and you should upgrade to a newer versionsome people report that they got it running others do not. I can try it for you if you like, but most likely if the other expert didnt do it i probably wont either. But you never know i might try something he didnt.up to you.