Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I am having trouble resetting administrative password

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, is it your windows 7 password? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Solution 1 : Using the Administrator Account1- Start or restart your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.2- Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.3-Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen4-Click on "Start" and "Control Panel".5-You will enter "All Control Panel Items", then click" User Accounts"6-Then click"Manage Another account" as following.7-Choose the account which you want to reset the password.8-Click "Change the password" as following9-Type a new password ***** that account.If you don't see the Administrator account then you will need to creat one :restart your computer and press "F8" Scroll down to "Safe Mode with command prompt", a black box will appear, please type :net user Administrator /active:yes (and click enter)now restart your computer and follow the previous steps.Solution 2 : Bypass Windows 7 password1-Insert your windows 7 disc and restart your computer, and Boot off the Windows disk and select the “Repair your computer” option from the lower left-hand corner.2-Follow through until you get to the option to open the Command Prompt, which you’ll want to select.3-type in the following command :copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ (click enter)copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe (click enter)4-Now reboot the computer.5-Once you get to the login screen, hit the Shift key 5 times, and you’ll see an administrator mode command prompt.6-type the following command :net user LOGIN_USERNAME YOUR_NEW_PASSWORDexample : net user jack acer20157-Now you can login with your new passwordIf you don't have the windows 7 disk please watch this short video on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLZPsyp0GcHope this help, if you need further help please let me know and i will gladly continue to helpThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It don't have a administrative account
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Please try the second solution and let me know the results regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have disc
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
hold on please i will give you a link to download a free image of windows 7, can you tell wich "version" of windows 7 do you have : windows 7 professional or windows 7 intergral ect.... also you can use the third solution by watching this tutorial video : : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLZPsyp0Gc (without the need of windows 7 disc)