Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

While using FB messenger, it seems to take a log time to receive

Customer Question

While using FB messenger, it seems to take a log time to receive a response from the person I'm chatting with. Sometimes hours.... Does this occur when the other person is overseas . If I uninstall the app, then reinstall it, will I loose all past messages?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
This happens when either phone or app isn't working properly and isn't sending the message to the server immediately.
You should be able to uninstall the app and reinstall it, the messages won't be removed as they are stored on the Facebook server, not on your phone.
Something you could test out is whether it happens just with that person or with everyone. If it happens with everyone then it's your phone or app. If it happens just with them, it might be their phone/app that needs to be reinstalled.
Does this make sense?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx. I'll try it. Was afraid I'd loose all our past messages
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome!
You won't lose the past messages don't worry.
If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!
Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.
Regards,