Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

I have a RCA Tablet 11 Maven Pro RCT6213W87DK and it has progressively

Customer Question

I have a RCA Tablet 11 Maven Pro RCT6213W87DK and it has progressively multi-typed a letter that i have only hit once. the curser doesn't appear and flash as usual when it is ready to accept typed letters. It seems to happen when I'm trying to log onto a site and/or type my user name or password. I have moved into a multi-unit extended stay situation and using their wi-fi and am concerned that I have been hacked. Help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
The best solution for this wI'll be a factory restore. If you have pics or other data be sure to save them to your computer or memory card. Then follow these steps. Power the device down completely, and then hold both the volume up button and the power button until the RCA logo appears on the screen. When the screen changes to the Android bot on his back, press and hold the power button and then press volume up once more. At this point, the Android System Recovery screen appears, with a list of options. Use the volume up and down buttons to navigate the menu and make selections accordingly.To reset the device, scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the power button. Confirm the selection by scrolling down through several "no" entries until the word "yes" is visible. Highlight "yes" and press the power button. The process takes between 1 and 10 minutes, but once it finishes, it powers up again and shows the "Welcome" screen. This is a sign of a successful reset.