Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I can't get my computer to click on any sites and I can't get

Customer Question

I can't get my computer to click on any sites and I can't get it to turn off without doing it manually I have an update available too and I can't find it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
When did you first start having these issues with your system?
May I set up a quick remote session now, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with this issue?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you may do a remote session it started today
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0d4032cf-2845-4aa9-865d-74c9958beb5f
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom of your Chrome window.)
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
If you face any issues with downloading or running the remote file as directed in my earlier reply, no issues - just reply back to me below, please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####stuck on different site not my desktop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see, are you having these issues with a different computer, or are you replying to me from the same computer itself?
Keep me posted.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Let's try using a different remote tool this time. Please open up the following link:
www.teamviewer.com
Click 'Download'. A 'TeamViewer' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)
OPEN/RUN the file, then install and run TeamViewer accordingly. Reply back to me with the ID and the password ***** (while keeping the TeamViewer window open.)
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me on my phone my computer is frozen on outlook site how I don't know? (###) ###-####
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I don't do phone calls - however, let me open up your question to our other experts who can call you and assist you further with this issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer is frozen and will not let me open any sites or turn computer off. The man that was helping me earlier was good but I couldn't get into my computer to download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back I am texting from phone. I am on my desktop but I can't download can you please still help me?
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
It looks like no other expert has picked up your issue yet, so let's try and continue troubleshooting the issue here for now.
So, is your computer completely frozen now, that is, you are unable to even move the cursor around? Is this a laptop?
Keep me posted.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Since your issue started today we can do a System Restore to put your computer back to the condition it was in while still working.
To do a System Restore, start or restart your machine so that you are looking at the login screen (but don't try to log in just yet)
While holding down the Shift key click the Power icon in the lower right corner and select Restart.
Release the Shift key when you see "Please Wait"
The Choose An Option screen should appear next.
Click Troubleshoot
Click Advanced Options
Click System Restore
After the System Restore screen comes up
select your user account to continue
Enter your password ***** click Continue
When System Restore starts click Next
Click Show more Restore Points and choose a restore
date when your computer was working normally and click Next
Click Finish and let the restore proceed.
Once it is finished and your computer restarted
Log in and check if the issue is resolved.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for the phone call. After the process is complete, please leave me a reply on this page and we will take this further.
Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I just received your response on the other page. Kindly do not open up duplicate questions for this issue, but reply back to me on this page itself. No issues; since the system restore did not work, please go back to the blue "Choose an option" screen one more time (by pressing the SHIFT key and "Restart" at the login screen.)
Next, click Troubleshoot > Refresh your PC. Follow the on-screen directions to carry out the system refresh, and then restart normally and check if this resolves the issues you are having with your system.
I'll be available through the rest of the day; just add this page to your bookmarks to get back to me later on (or you can get back to this page anytime later on through your emails received from JustAnswer.)
Do keep me posted. Thank you.