Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a 1 year old Acer Veriton X4620. I recently loader

Customer Question

I have a 1 year old Acer Veriton X4620. I recently loader a mp3 disk into the vertical disk player and I heard the disk fall out of it on the inside when it loaded. When I opened the disk door the mp3 disk was not there. Not knowing what else to do, I unhooked the computer and opened the cover via the screws in back and slide the cover off, and found the disk drive compartment was a sealed box. I put the cover back on, hooked the power back up on the computer, opened the door, and shook it gently and the mp3 disk came out. Now for the problem. Every time I turn on or restart the computer I get a black BIOS screen, warning me that my cover has been opened. A 'Version P21-A3' is showing. I have to press F1 to continue. Is there a way for me to clear this BIOS screen at start up?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Please try the steps below, and if you run into any issues fixing the problem you are welcome to reply.
First, ensure that the top case or side panel (depending on model) is properly installed on the chassis. Once you have confirmed that the chassis is properly closed, follow the steps below:
Shut down your computer completely, then turn it back on and tap the Delete key repeatedly to enter the CMOS Setup Utility.
Using the arrow keys, highlight tab labeled PC Health Status and then press the Enter key.
Using the arrow keys, select feature labeled Chassis Intrusion Detect, and use the + and - keys to change the status to RESET.
Press the Esc key to access the main menu and then use the arrow keys to choose Save & Exit then press the Enter key.
Note: Do not use the F10 key. If you use F10 key to save and exit, it does not properly reset this feature.
If you wish to set the Chassis Intrusion Detect feature so it never generates a warning message when powered on, follow the instructions below:
Using the arrow keys, select feature labeled Chassis Intrusion Detect, and use the + and - keys to change the status to DISABLED.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hello again.
I see you had viewed the answer I sent you, but you never responded.
Did you need further assistance? Were you able to use the steps I sent to fix the problem. Please respond when you can, thank you.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes your answer way very helpful. There was a difference in my computer as to where to find what I needed. I had to do a little more digging to get to the save and exit, this had it's own heading across the top. It took me a couple of times to get it, but I could never had done it without your help. Thanks again.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, and thank you for getting back to me.
To mark this issue as solved, please click and submit one of the star ratings on this page.. ( if your viewing from your email, you will have to click on view answer to get to the justanswer page, where you can submit a rating)
To request me personally at a later date, type in your question in the "ask your question" box on the below webpage.
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-technicalsupport/
When typing out the question,start your questions with the text For Dustin S only".
As soon as I am notified of the request, I will get in contact with you.