Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

I am in the process of installing LaCie d2 USB3/0 Thunderbolt

Customer Question

I am in the process of installing LaCie d2 USB3/0 Thunderbolt Ext HD on an old iMac 8.1(2008) computer to down load some file for use in a newer iMac 15.1 computer.
I hooked up the HD but the LaCie installer wants the password ***** computer (Bernard Mahoney). However no pass word was ever used in 2008 when computer was set up. How can I bypass this step so I can complete installation. Thanks B. Mahoney
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
Mr. Mahoney, I have seen some pretty funny stuff when this happens. Let's hope this is one of those cases.
When you start the installer, use your user name and leave the password ***** blank, then go ahead and try to continue without a password.
Please let me know how that goes.
I look forward helping you out.
*Please Choose A Star Rating (or Smiley Face) On This Page Then Click Submit To Rate Your Professional Who Helped You.
Ratings Are Their Personal Background and Positive Ratings Help Their Score. JustAnswer Is Always Here To Answer Your Questions.
Chris