Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Get error message when downloading new apps "there is insufficient

Customer Question

Get error message when downloading new apps "there is insufficient space on the device". So I installed a SD Card in tablet, but still get this error message. How do I get downloads to go on SD card instead of internal storage?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to helping you with your issue today. What is the internal storage capacity of your tablet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
500MB, I also disabled or deleted items I never use.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
That sounds pretty low? How old is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only about 1 year old. I use it mainly for games. in use my home wifi. I just want to know how do I get the tablet to download to the SD card not internal storage of tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has an Android operating system
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Can you download anything to the internal storage? If you can, you would then be able to transfer it to the SD card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, that is where I get error message. I don't see any place in settings that will let me transfer from internal storage to SD card storage.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Where are you trying to download from and have you successfully downloaded before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
google play and yes, just recently started getting error message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind, I don't believe you are familiar with tablets. Please cancel my trial membership and do not charge me credit card. Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
On the Android OS you will need to install an app called ES File Explorer to transfer files. Your apps will download to a default directory and you will move them from there to the SD card.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I would be happy to assist you if you would like to continue. Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Very well. Good luck!