Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We have an 8 channel ARM DVR that we now have 3 cameras attached to it, every time we cha

Customer Question

We have an 8 channel ARM DVR that we now have 3 cameras attached to it,
every time we change channels we are required to enter a password (0000). Is there some way to stop this requirement?
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!In the past you were able to change channels without a password ***** problem or has it always been this way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At one time I did not need a password, I do not know what happened to change that.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Could you try rebooting the system to see if that will remove the password *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried rebooting last week, nothing changed
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
I see, do you have any custom configuration on the DVR like Dynamic DNS or port fowarding? we might need to perform a reset of the system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have DNS, I don't know if it is dynamic I am not sure if this is important
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Do you have it configured for viewing outside of the DVR like on your phone or another computer, and did you configure this? It would have to be set up again with a reset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have access to the DVR on a PC at a remote location. It was set up by someone else.Unfortunately I am going have to discontinue this discussion tomorrow, is there a way that I can get in touch with you?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
You can return to this chat and reply, I will respond asap. You should be able to locate the link in your email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am just getting back to this, I would like to continue with obtaining a solution to my problem
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I am available.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So when the other person you mentioned that set up your DVR, they had to put in some configuration in the admin panel to allow the remote viewing. When you reset the DVR it may or may not lose that information depending on how that was setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it help if I contacted that person and ask them to fix the problem?
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Yes they should be able to assist you to reset it and reconfigure it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is unable to come up with solution, I may come back to you for more help
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
OK no problem.