Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm getting a message about changing my password. I have no

Customer Question

I'm getting a message about changing my password. I have no idea of which account youi are talking about. Yahoo, google or microsoft
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Where are you receiving that message, by email?
And what were you originally trying to do?
May I start a remote session so I can take a look at the problem and solve it for you now?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try***@******.***. I haved two email addresses. the other is***@******.***. WHO IS ASKING ME TO CHANGE MY PASWORD (with in 5 days) WHO HAS SENT THIS MESSAGE TO ME??????
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information.
What does the email read?
Can you copy and paste it here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't copy it because it appears and disappears instantly and it happens on my google Chrome (gmail) and doesn't appear in the messages but on the screen as the regular messages are loaded. Bob Deal ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The message reads "suggest you change your password ***** 5 days" since it appears and dis-appears so quickly and it hasn't
appeared in two days. Should I just chalk this up to a fluke and I'm not sure if it from yahoo or Google. I have two email addresses, one is***@******.*** and the other is***@******.*** Bob Deal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason I have 2 email address is because when I switched from ATT to Google fiber, I asked them (since I have ATT on my cell phone and on my landlline there for I was able to keep the***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my account with your service. You are beginning to be too rich for my blood. And why don't you post what happens
a regarding change of pages and costs. I'm 85 years old and barely able to understand the operation of my computer. Every time I contact you the price goes up, so I'm getting very suspect just what kind of company you are.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you might have encountered what's called a phishing email where they get you to click on a link, change your password (by typing your old one in first) and then submitting it to someone on the Internet.
I would discard those emails and add them to your block list ASAP.
What do you mean every time you contact me the price goes up?
Are you referring to the monthly subscription offer? If so, and you're not interested in a subscription, simply ignore the little message.
Does that make sense, Bob?