Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I am having trouble installing Adobe Flash. My system is running

Customer Question

I am having trouble installing Adobe Flash. My system is running MS Windows XP Media center edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2. I went so far as to uninstall my previous version of Flash because it seemed as if the downloads were not successful. However, I still cannot install a new flash player. When I go to the site and follow the various steps, I always get a 'cannot open this page' or something like that, and when I close that window, I am automatically taken to the Adobe page to begin the process over again, like I am stuck in a vortex of some kind. What gives?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
what is the flash version you are trying to download and install.
upgrade to sp3 and then try installing flash latest version as you have sp2 it may cause a problem installing the latest version of flash.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
if you Would like me to remote connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.