Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

Not sure if I should be worried about this but I just started

Customer Question

Not sure if I should be worried about this but I just started seeing the following blue markers on top of my Notepad files on the desktop. And, now I am seeing errors when I try to save notepad files.
"The procedure entry point _Atomic_fetch_sub_4 could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCP110.dll"
I can click the box close icon in the upper right six or seven times and the file eventually saves but since I use Notepad frequently, this is a major inconvenience and concern.
You can view my screenshot of the blue icons here: https://connectus.box.com/s/m5i5zowa6zehelxk9ayymls7a68e1yvy
-Gary
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please try installing this hotfix: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have another link for that? Your link took me to a page saying "

Thank you for downloading"

I tried downloading again vsupdate_db270318 but it wasn't successful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

"RC Updates does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Please try installing this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34673

Then try installing the update again and let me know what happens.
.