educatortech
educatortech, Specialist
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

On a youtube video I understand the Captions option but what

Customer Question

On a youtube video I understand the Captions option but what is the CC option and how do I use it XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  educatortech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

It stands for closed captioning and is used for certain videos that have inserted subtitles for the video. It will only be able to be selected on those videos where the author of the video has created this option and it will then show the words to go along with the video (mainly for those that are hearing impaired).

For how to use it, do you mean when you create your own videos or for ones that you are watching? If for those watching it would only be available, as I stated above, for those that were created with that option.

If looking to use in your own videos, you can view this help page from Youtube which will assist with those directions.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2734796?hl=en

Hope that helps!

**********
What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Greg