Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

My desk top went into restart mode after I did a scan. now

Customer Question

my desk top went into restart mode after I did a scan. now the user name and pw word screen appears. I put them in and it keeps saying go to account.live.com, how do I get pass this so i can get this take care of?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your desktop?
Do you recognize the email address show on the login screen? If yes, do you have access to that email address?
Are you communicating with me at this web page on another windows or mac computer, or tablet or smartphone, etc.?
- On another work device, such as a windows or mac computer, or a tablet, or smartphone, can you go to the website below:
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx
, then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next
, then in the Microsoft account box, type in the email address at the is currently shown on the problematic desktop
, then type in the characters as shown on the screen
, then click on Next
, then follow the on-screen instructions on the page in order to reset / set up a new password
; once it is successfully, then enter the new password ***** the problematic desktop
- If that does not work, please do the followings:
1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
2. Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
5. Then select the option Reset your PC, and continue.
(When prompted, select the option "Just remove files.")
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,