Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

Every web site I go to is normal speed, but Yahoo mail drags.

Customer Question

Every web site I go to is normal speed, but Yahoo mail drags. It takes several seconds for an email to pop up, and once it does, it takes several seconds each time I page down through the email to see more, whether I scroll or click on the scroll. It's just SUPER slow. This has been happening for a couple weeks, on and off. I tried clearing all my browsing data, hoping that would help, but it did not. I might try quitting out of Chrome, but I have other windows open and it takes a bit to reload when I have to keep quitting and restarting. Like I said, all other page seem to work normally, and a normal speed. But Yahoo is lagging terribly. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welome to justanswer, My name and i will be assisting you today, I'm sorry about the issue, First try to Delete your cache, and cookies from your google chrome browser : In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu .Select More tools > Clear browsing data.In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.Click Clear browsing data. Now Open Safari and In the top menu bar, click Safari, Click EMPTY CACHE, Click the Empty button.In the top menu bar, click Safari again, Click Reset Safari, Reset Once you finish restart your computer and check, if the problem persists, try to reset google chrome by following these steps : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en-GB Please, keep me updated on the status of your problem if there are any further issues. I will be available to respond. Note : Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, Please do not rate an answer if you're not satisfied Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had stated in my question that I tried these things, but to no avail. So, I don't really feel satisfied with this answer. I was asking if or hoping there was anything else I can try in addition to what you suggested here, all of which I already tried doing and mentioned that I tried doing.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Please download ccleaner from : https://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner Once you install and run that and delete everything, please let me know if your yahoo mail is running faster. if the problem still exsist i would recommend you to use another browser like firefox : www.firefox.com If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor but let me recommend you for another expert rather than giving me a negative rating.A positive rating is always appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The app is locking up on me when I try to use it. I would not have thought this would be the case, since it has been out for three years, but I did read a 2012 article that says this happens often on iMacs...
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/review/ccleaner_for_mac_helps_clean_your_macLooks like I am out of luck on that front. I don't have Firefox, nor do I want to use it. I rely on Google Chrome, because I have signed in under my Google profile, which keeps hundreds of bookmarks for me that I prefer not to loose. I am used to Google Chrome, so I don't really want to change. I don't like Safari, either. Again, I don't tend to think this is a Chrome issue, as all other web pages function normally, and also, it wasn't happening a couple of weeks ago, so I am led to believe something was introduced that is causing it or there is an issue on Yahoo's end. But getting Yahoo to respond to a query about why it is running slow is next to impossible.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
What is happening when you attempt to open ccleaner ? can you try to delete unnecessary emails because having lots of email can slow down your yahoo mails. You can Import bookmarks from Google Chrome to firefox, please check this article : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-bookmarks-google-chrome Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try deleting emails. But I have had several before... even more than now, and this did not happen. I just don't like Firefox. I have tried using it before. I prefer Chrome. Chrome is fine... for all my other web sites. Just not Yahoo. And, again, why this is happening out of the blue when it was functioning fine up until not very long ago has me stumped.As for CCleaner, it let me into the program and even let me start doing some things with it. When I got to the part where it was verifying the disk on my hard drive, it locked up. So I had to force quit. Every time I tried to go back in since then, I just get the spinning beach ball and I am not able to click on anything.I could just reinstall it, I guess. I will try that. I have a question. Where it says I can clear cache and cookies and passwords and all that for Chrome, it also lets me select "Session" as one of the things it will clear along with all those others I just mentioned. What does that mean? What will happen if I clear my session? Will any tabs I have open get closed and not remembered when I re-open, and if so, does it also clear my preferences in Chrome that are saved when I am signed in with Google? I don't want to lose anything like bookmarks and open tabs.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Clearing your google’s chrome cache and cookies means that website settings (like usernames and passwords) will be deleted but this will not affect your open tabs or your bookmarks. If you want to keep using google chrome, it's ok, but please try to delete some emails then check if that solve te issue. Hope this helpThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know what cache and cookies means. I had those clicked on already because I realize what happens with that function, as I also do this right in Chrome. What I wasn't sure about was having the "Session" button clicked on... in same section as the "Cache" and "Cookies" buttons. The default had it clicked on, but I am not sure what will be cleared if that button is clicked on. I didn't want it to clear the session I had open at the time. In other words, does clearing the session mean that it will delete the preferences that tell my browser what I had open at the current session, and if so, would I lose all the tabs I had open because it closes them? If so, does that overwrite the Chrome setting that saves my open tabs and bookmarks if I am signed into Chrome via Google?I really don't think that the issue is having too many emails in Yahoo. I just quit Chrome and restarted, and now I am able to get around Yahoo normally... the speed has resumed to normal. But, the problem is, if thing continue the way they have, it will go back to being slow again at some point. I should have to restart my computer every time Yahoo email slows down. There is something going on with Yahoo. I did go ahead and delete some emails. However, if the problem starts again, I can't say this was the fix. If that is the case, I'll be very frustrated... if I can't get to the bottom of this. It's very cumbersome when it's happening and I am trying to go through emails. It would be a lot of work to switch over to Gmail, and it's not something I have the time to do right now. So I need a temporary fix until I can switch email platforms.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
I can define session data as Any data stored during the session . You need to state what data you want to delete or to keep (cookies, history or cache), deleting this 3 items will not delete your saved bookmarks or close your tabs, so don't worry about losing your open tabs and your bookmarks. If you want to make a copy of your bookmarks, you export them as an HTML file which can then easily be imported into other browsers. You can do this by following these instructions:Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.Select Bookmarks.Select Bookmark manager.Click the Organize menu in the manager.Select Export bookmarks. Chrome will export the bookmarks as an HTML fileThis is you some basic steps from yahoo that you can try here to speed up your yahoo mail : https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3223.html?impressions=truehttps://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN5171.html?impressions=true Hope this help, if you need further help please reply back to me and i will glaldly continue to help Note : Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, Please do not rate an answer as poor/bad service if you're not satisfied Thank you