Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a google search issue that I'm not sure I can put into

Customer Question

I have a google search issue that I'm not sure I can put into writing !!!
When you search my company "Hawk's Yachts" the search returns my company with a competiors address and when searching by voice for phone number you get theirs..
How do I fix? The competior is an X employee that has gone on his own..
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!So after searching, it seems that "Carpe Diem Yacht Sales" would be your competitor correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So I would assume that you never had registered with "Google My Business" before correct? http://www.google.com/business/?gmbsrc=us-en-ha-se-z-gmb-s-z-h~bk-63898598807-c&ppsrc=GMBS0&utm_campaign=us-en-ha-se-z-gmb-s-z-h~bk-63898598807-c&utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=ha&gclid=CNflyqGcusYCFQIEaQodVhEDEA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not The X did when he was employed with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Are you there ???
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes sorry, I got tied up on another question.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So most likely the X has taken your registration and changed the information to his own.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Let me locate where to report this to google.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
So this article from google will explain how to report the incorrect information: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been there done that!
Please refund my credit card this has been no help thanks for your time
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I cannot control billing, you would need to contact customer care to request a refund.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Reporting the incorrect information is not enough. You need to put in a claim on the business. Theres a specific process you need to go through and its going to take a week if we get started today.
The first step is making the initial claim and request for admin rights. Then, when the current business owner ( t he person who stole your listing online ) refused to give you admin access. We can then contact googles business department directly. But they wont deal with you till one week after you have made that initial claim.
If you would like I can call you, we can discuss the forms that need to be filled out. And if you want I can go through all the initial steps for you. But I have to speak with you before I can initiate any of these requests on your behalf.
If you do not want to continue and just want a refund, please respond and say so. And I will send the refund request link to you.
If however, you do want guidance resolving this issue. I can absolutely help you just as I have directly assisted dozens of businesses that were once in your current situation.
Thank you for your response,
Dustin S.