Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Laptop Windows XP has Crashed, After Years of Problems Avast Start Up Boot Scan Found M

Customer Question

My Laptop Windows XP has Crashed, After Years of Problems Avast Start Up Boot Scan Found Many PUP's and corrupted Files and My PC For first time in Years was Running Great, I use it for my iTunes library since XP is No longer Supported, I stuck a DVD-CD Disc to try and Load a DVD-RW Driver and My PC has Crashed, I am in the BIOS found a way in somehow and it states Device enclosed in parenthehesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu. A few day ago it crashed when trying to remove the PUP" and Corrupt files and was able to successfully reboot and restore Via my External BackUp Harddrive but his time it won't work i guess due to the above mentioned. All I want is for it to Function again as I have 15 years of Collected Music on and in My iTunes Library installed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Could you let me know what device exactly has been disabled in the BIOS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It states the USB Devices in Parenthesis are Disabled but it states that in the BIOS which I had a hard time getting into, This is what it states as I just found my way back into the BIOS " A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu " and has 3 selections of which all 3 are disabled 1st. [ CD/DVD: QSI DVD+/-R ] 2nd. [ HDD : FUJITSU MHV2061 ] 3rd [ Network: Realtek Bo ]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the Start Up screen will not boot up as it keeps repeating over and over again into the Reboot process asking me to start from last known good configuration point of Start normally Etc. and never boots up and will not respond to my Rescue External Drive so as to boot up and restore PC as it has done once before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Immediate Problem is it will not boot up and is stuck in the cycle mentioned above, but I am in the BIOS at present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be on the next Tabs looking for Troubleshooting Tips on this, I'll check back every few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked my E-mail and it states that I now have been charged by you and I still have not got any answers to the related info requested that I submitted a while ago and still waiting for quite sometime now with no results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whoa!!! Is this a SCAM of What? I now have received a charge and have not gotten any Help at All.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought since you asked for additional info which i sent that this was a live assist and here and now but apparently it wasn't and after an e-mail from you stating I have already been charged and received No Help I am Signing Off and Disputing Charges on my card as I just got off the phone with my bank and have had them place an alert on your Company/You to stop payment. If you couldn't help all you had to do was say so. Good Bye.
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I'm sorry for the delayed response but I was not signed in when you had responded...I can still help you I just was already off for the evening when you replied.